Hello Friends, Family, & Followers!
I'm headed out to South Africa with the Peace Corps in their Health Education Department. I fly out January 23rd to (not sure yet) for staging. Staging gives PCVs (Peace Corps Volunteers) the chance to meet everyone, start our medications together, participate in friendly ice-breakers, and who knows what! I'm hoping we all get to eat our last favorite meal... I know, wishful thinking ;) On the 25th of January, my group and I all hop on a plane together to South Africa. I'm not sure of anything yet...who will be joining me, where we fly out of, if we have layovers, where we land in South Africa, etc and I find that to be the beginning of the beauty in this new, bitter sweet experience. As all RPCV's (Returned Peace Corps Volunteers) say, "This will be the best experience of my life. I will experience my highest highs and lowest lows, but will enjoy every second of it."
I hope you all enjoy my future postings, stories, and pictures.
"No dreamer is ever too small; no dream is ever too big."
With Love,
Lane
So proud of my LIEYL! I hope you have the time of your life :)
ReplyDelete